BeefBroilersPorkTurkeyMilkContact UsAbout Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

NCFIC Glorious Marriages Conference


Last week, the National Center for Family Integrated Churches hosted their annual conference, this year focusing on Gospel-Centered Marriages. We were blessed to be able to attend and glean from some excellent messages by various preachers including Dan Horn, Paul Washer, Kevin Swanson, and Doug Phillips, all upholding the importance of a Christ-centered and exalting marriage.

Various topics were discussed:
  • Marriage as the picture of the Gospel
  • The implications of the dominion mandate
  • Marriage as the foundation for society and future generations
  • The roles of husbands and wives
  • The roles of love, romance, and emotions
  • Redeeming the time with your children
  • What Christ and His Church have to do with earthly marriage

 
Registering and fellowshipping
Peter Bradrick with his adorable sons!
Mrs. Hayden, whose sweet family we met in 2008



The Helstroms
Doug Phillips
We met the Seargeant family in Texas in 2006, and it was great to run into them again!
Seargeants
What a dynamic speaker - Kevin P. Swanson!


We were blessed to meet Tiffany Pope of KY, another attendee of the conference with her father
Paul Washer with the incredible message, "The Center of All Things: The Gospel"
Talking with Mr. Washer
Mrs. Washer and their son

Board Discussion
What a delight to meet Sarah's friend, Amy Vest, in person! She is such a blessing!
There are  never enough vans...

Healthy food at a local restaurant was enjoyed!

Enjoying dinner and fellowship with the Juartez family and friends
Meanwhile, back at the ranch


Cleaning rooms out
A spelling bee
And most fun of all, looking at old pictures and watching videos of our family from many years ago.
How everyone has grown! This is Nathan when he was about 10 years old.


We're so thankful for the opportunity to fellowship with those who love God's Word and to hear it preached.


"That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, 
being fruitful in every good work,
 and increasing in the knowledge of God."
{Colossians 1:10}
BFF Blog

4 comments:

  1. I am in picture #18! (one of the ones of a main session. It is a one with very few people in the balcony) There are 3 people together in the balcony I am the i am the 3rd (on the right), and my dad is in the middle of that group. I had been staring at the picture for a long time trying to see if I personally knew anyone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you.

    My family and I have been browsing your blog and I have really enjoyed it. I especially love your animal photos. You are really gifted in the area of photography. I look forward to seeing more here and I hope that we may meet in person someday.

    Have a blessed week.

    To God be the Glory,
    Hannah

    P.S.
    How did you come across my card? I had some that I had in that back of my name tag for easy access, and I lost my tag - and my cards! Just wondering if that was how you got it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looked like an amazing conference...and good for you getting to meet Bro. and Mrs. Paul Washer!! (I wish I could too!! :D) I LOVE the pictures; thanks for posting them!

    In Christ,
    Alaina

    P.S.-I'm just one of your former KBR subscribers that still keeps up with your blog...I still LOVE KBR and hope to get another subscription as soon as I can. GOD bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lydia!
    How exciting that you found yourself in this picture. Send me an email please and I'll send you the original of the picture. I'd love to see any pictures you took at the conference too. :)

    Hannah,
    Thank you for your kind comment. It is a blessing to get to know you better. God's blessings to you this year!

    Alaina,
    It's good to see you again; thank you for dropping by. It WAS such a blessing to meet the Washers and hear God's truths proclaimed. May God bless you sister!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our family's blog. We always enjoy hearing from our readers, so please feel free to drop us a note! May God bless you today as you seek Him.
~The Bryant Crew