BeefBroilersPorkTurkeyMilkContact UsAbout Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quilting Fun


This winter, Sarah and I have enjoyed making quilts together. On cold winter afternoons, we run down to our sewing room and pull out stacks of material. We look through our quilt books and find a pattern we like - and start sewing! These quilts will be fun to use in our future, and will hold many memories of sisterly sewing conversations. Be sure to take time to do projects together with your own siblings - you will never regret it. It is good just to have a special time to talk with them as you work.

This quilt top was pieced by our great-grandmother, so we backed and tied it

The green quilt above Sarah made last year, and I have one to match. The other one is a crib quilt. It is really fun to make crib quilts for hopechests, and will be neat to tell your children someday that you made that for them when you were younger!



     Sarah made this quilt out of leftover skirt and jumper material
I made the baskets in this quilt from old skirt fabric
If you have younger sisters, find a creative quilt to work together this winter. You will be surprised how fun and easy they are to make.

"To every thing there is a season,
 and a time to every purpose under the heaven."

{Ecclesiastes 3:1}

~Rachael, for the
BFF Blog

5 comments:

  1. Those quilts are gorgeous! I absolutely love quilts and, Lord willing, hope to learn the art of quilt making soon. :) Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure these excellent quilts will be in your home one day -- well -- they are ALREADY treasures in your home today! The green sampler quilt is more ambitious than any I've ever made and I've quilted for over 20 years! Well done, girls!
    Lori
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautiful! I know how much fun it is to sew with sisters...! Rachael, I love your basket quilt you made, you and Sarah did a wonderful job.

    Emily P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are beautiful - what a wonderful way to spend time together! My sisters and I love to quilt too. Although quilting can be time-intensive, it is always worth the effort. May the Lord continue to bless you both!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful memories you are making together! :) All the quilts are beautiful. My little sis and I have quilts that we are each making but she's been more faithful in working on hers than I have been...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our family's blog. We always enjoy hearing from our readers, so please feel free to drop us a note! May God bless you today as you seek Him.
~The Bryant Crew