BeefBroilersPorkTurkeyMilkContact UsAbout Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Surprise Visit from Alaska

Last week, we had visitors! 

My dear friend, Sharia, had arranged with my parents, to come for a surprise visit, along with her younger two sisters and youngest son. This is no small trip...for they live in Alaska! They flew in, and Rachael and I were so excited to see them when they arrived at our front door. I am so humbled by the sacrifice and thoughtfulness of their visit. It was a dream come true to be able to spend several days together.


What a special blessing to fellowship again in person!
Maryanna, Sarah, Rachael, and Lydia
During their stay, we went shopping for material to make matching skirts
Trying on stylish hats...
Sewing together provided time for many fun conversations and memories
After about eight hours of sewing together, the matching skirts were complete...
We had a tea party and celebrated Lydia's and Sharia's upcoming birthdays
We played several rounds of Capture the Flag together, to continue the tradition
The winning teams
Our time together ended all too soon...on the way to the airport, we played the "Who am I" sticker game
Thank you so much for your visit! Your friendship is a blessing.
"The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: 
and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate."
{Psalm 34:22}

~Sarah, for the
BFF Blog

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic surprise!!! That is so neat your parents arranged a surprise for you 8~D
    The photo of the six of you on the porch is so nice -- and the one of the five of you in the yard is very pretty! Be sure to put that one in the KBR! The skirts look so good on all of you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I was hoping you would post a few pictures. Loved every one of them! :) What a fun blessed time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm so glad y'all had a sweet visit with your friends! I hope that we will be able to be together in person someday! Imagine how special those hugs will be!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise and amazing blessing! I think it's extra special that your parents kept it a surprise. How sweet :)
    I have long enjoyed Sharia's writings and her encouragement to us in KBR.

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our family's blog. We always enjoy hearing from our readers, so please feel free to drop us a note! May God bless you today as you seek Him.
~The Bryant Crew